Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Its 1st and 10, with the Blind Quarterback.

Several weeks ago, I was approached at my work by the powers that be. Those powers, stated that they would like to add a little something to their quarterly newsletter. As my readers know, I am based in Kansas City, so myself, and many others at my office, are hardcore Chiefs fans. My work place has requested that I write a small sports column for their quarterly newsletter. I of course readily accepted, and have titled my column "its 1st and 10, with the Blind Quarterback"
The column will have a link to this blog, so that others will be able to read the blog as well.
So, without further due, below you will find the intro I wrote to my new column as my work's new amateur sports writer.

Its 1st and 10, with the Blind Quarterback.

Maybe you’re in the break room with your friends and coworkers, burgers and fries littering the table, or maybe you’re leaning against a post outside, taking your fifteen or waiting for a share fair ride. I can almost guarantee that a conversation will arise about a stunning win, a shameful loss, or a quarterback that should be traded, and with that conversation, will come the heartbeat of this community and indeed our fine city, the ever present Kansas City Chiefs will make itself known, but what goes on in the world of football outside of our break room discussions? While we diligently perform our daily tasks and duties, just which domino is about to fall out on the grid iron? Who is winning? Who is losing? Who is being traded and who is being cut? This sports fans, is where I come in. My name is Cameron Black, but to you my faithful readers, I am the Blind Quarterback, and if you need to know what’s going on with our boys in red, or if you’re just needing your football fix during this dry season, then you need look no further then right here in the Alpha Times Newsletter.
When the Chiefs are wheeling and dealing, trading players like baseball cards, I’ll be there. Wherever there is a thrilling, nail bighting, come from behind victory, I’ll be there. Whenever there is a heart wrenching playoff loss due to forward progress being stopped and fans are screaming about bad officiating, I’ll be there, and when the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, you better believe I’ll be there.
So if your craving football 24-7 365, Your Guru of the Grid Iron, your prince of the pig skin has you covered. So grab a drink from the company kitchen, pull up a chair next to me in the break room, and let’s talk some football.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BQB Red Friday Prediction Week 15: Donkey Week Part II

Who: Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos When: Sunday, December 15, 12:00 PM Where: Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missou...