Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Inside Arrowhead


Last Friday
12:15 PM

I had been told I was invited to Arrowhead for an “informal chat with Mitch Holthus”.

20 minutes later, I was being guided through offices and hallways of the KU Hospital Training Complex. We passed by rows of TVs and boxes of football.

At one point I was walking straight for an enormous mural of Safety # 29 Eric Berry.
The walk ended in a large quiet room, which I later found out, is where Chiefs’ video features are filmed for Chiefs.com.

I stood in front of a banner, proclaiming “Kansas City Chiefs” with the Arrowhead and Blue Cross Blue Shield logo.

I felt the warmth as spotlights hit my face, as a microphone was handed to me and I snaked the wire up through my shirt. A door to my right opened and in walked the voice of the Chiefs, Mitch Holthus.
He walked up to me, shook my hand and placed his hand on my shoulder.

He went on to tell me, that I had been awarded the Blue Cross Chiefs Kingdom Champion. He further explained, that I would get to throw the first ceremonial first pass of the Chiefs v. Bengals game on October 21. After which, I would be heading to the broadcast booth to be with Mitch during the duration of the game.
                 
Just when I thought the surprise was over, he informed me, that on December 13, before a Thursday night game against the LA Chargers, NFL network would be airing a piece about me. 

With my face fit to split, trying to contain my smile, and for in the first time in my life, words failing me, I stuck out my hand to grasp his, but instead, in my hand was placed a “Chiefs Kingdom Champion” football.

“You need to work on your passing, ‘cause you’ll be doing it in front of Chiefs kingdom.”

I left the training complex, phoned my beautiful bride, and told her we would need a baby sitter for October 21, because we are going to the game, and we have great seats.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME buddy. So happy for you. I'll get busy on my analysis!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's amazing Cameron! What fun you two will have.

    ReplyDelete

BQB Red Friday Prediction Week 15: Donkey Week Part II

Who: Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos When: Sunday, December 15, 12:00 PM Where: Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missou...